From the speech of H.E. Ambassador Kirill Barsky:
"...This year, the Day of Russia celebration in Thailand is very special. The year 2017 marks the 120th anniversary of diplomatic relations between Russia and Thailand, established during the Royal Visit to Russia of His Majesty King Chulalongkorn (Rama V) in 1897. Since then ties between our two countries have been inspired by the special chemistry that existed between Tsar Nicholas II and King Rama V.
It is worth saying that Thailand is one of the few countries in the Southeast Asia to have such a long-standing relationship with Russia. My country has always been able to understand Thais and to provide assistance to Thailand when it needed help.
This year we also commemorate the 70th anniversary of the opening of the USSR Embassy in Bangkok and the Royal Thai Embassy in Moscow. The Soviet Union and Thailand had different ideologies and political systems but never were foes to each other. There was no conflict of interests between Moscow and Bangkok, and they were always respectful of one another. Moreover, USSR and Thailand maintained stable and productive cooperation in many areas.
The substantial political dialogue never stopped between them. In 1958, H.R.H. Prince Prem Purachatra visited Moscow. In 1979 Prime Minister Gen. Kriengsak Chamanand, and in 1988 Prime Minister Gen. Prem Tinsulanonda, were received in the USSR. His Royal Highness Crown Prince Maha Vajiralongkorn and Her Royal Highness Princess Galyani paid visits to the Soviet Union in 1989. In 1993, Her Royal Highness Princess Maha Chakri Sirindhorn visited Russia.
At the turn of the 21st century, Russia and Thailand started to rediscover each other as important partners. In 2003, H.E. Mr. Vladimir Putin paid a state visit to the Kingdom of Thailand. In 2007, Her Majesty Queen Sirikit reciprocated with a state visit to Russia on behalf of His Majesty King Bhumibol Adulyadej. In May 2016 in Sochi Mr. Putin had a very good meeting with Gen. Prayut Chan-o-cha, Prime Minister of Thailand.
Heads of our governments established intensive contacts. Over the last two years, official visits of H.E. Mr. Dmitry Medvedev to Thailand and H.E. Gen. Prayut Chan-o-cha to Russia took place. They also met twice on the sidelines of international meetings. Regular exchange of delegations has become business as usual on all fronts..."
Activities of the Embassy, dedicated to the jubilee of diplomatic relations with Thailand:
- Princess Sirindhorn completed Her Royal visit to Russia
- Thai-Russian friendship has deep and royal roots
- HRH Princess Sirindhorn attended traditional masked dance performance in Saint Petersburg
- Thai parliamentarians visited Russia
- Princess Sirindhorn is on a visit to Russia
- Spokesperson of the Russian MFA on 120th anniversary of Russian-Thai diplomatic relations
- Interview of H.E.Mr.Kirill Barsky, Ambassador of Russia to Thailand
- Exhibition devoted to 120th anniversary of Russian-Thai diplomatic relations opened in the Parliament of Thailand
- Article by Suchitra Hiranprueck, former Ambassador of Thailand to the Russian Federation
- Stars of Russian ballet completed tour to Bangkok
- Article by Kasit Piromya, former Ambassador of Thailand to the Soviet Union and Russia, for "The Nation"
- «Spartacus» sensationally performed in Bangkok
- «Russian day» at the International Festival of Dance and Music
- International Festival of Dance and Music opens in Bangkok
- Meeting with Prime Minister of Thailand Prayut Chan-o-cha
- Moscow’s Sokolniki Park hosted Thai Festival
- President of the Russian Federation sent birthday greetings to Her Majesty
- Second part of the interview of Russian Ambassador to Thai PBS TV Channel
- Russian Honorary Consuls in Thailand invited to the Russian Embassy
- Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov visited Thailand
- Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov’s remarks following talks with Minister of Foreign Affairs of Thailand Don Pramudwinai
- Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov’s opening remarks during talks with Minister of Foreign Affairs of the Kingdom of Thailand Don Pramudwinai
- Comment by the Information and Press Department on Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov’s official visit to Thailand
- 19th Bangkok`s International Festival of Dance and Music
- Russian Ambassador gave an interview to Thai PBS TV Channel
- Russian Ambassador gave an interview to Daily News reporter
- Russian Ambassador: Foreign Minister’s visit is a new step forward in bilateral relations
- Kasit Pyromya: Witnessing the passing of the Soviet Era to the return of Russia
- Yevgeny Belenky: Russian Pacific Fleet stood at the cradle of Russia’s friendship with Siam
- HRH Maha Chakri Sirindhorn presided over the opening of the exhibition dedicated to Prince Chakrabongse
- Russian-Thai Festival. Day three.
- Russian-Thai Festival. Day two.
- Russian-Thai Festival opens in Bangkok. Day one.
- Welcoming remarks of H.E. Mr. Kirill Barsky, Ambassador of the Russian Federation to the Kingdom of Thailand, at the opening of the Russian-Thai Festival
- Interview of H.E. Mr. Don Pramudwinai, Minister of Foreign Affairs of Thailand to TASS news agency
- Her Majesty in Russia
- Russian Ambassador gave an interview to “Daily News” reporter
- Moscow memories – reminiscences of a former Thai envoy
- Presentation of commemorative stamps held in Bangkok
- Deputy Foreign Minister Igor Morgulov’s speech at the opening of the photo exhibition of archival documents for the 120th anniversary of Russian-Thai diplomatic relations
- Congratulatory Message from Mr. Don Pramudwinai, Minister of Foreign Affairs of Thailand, addressed to Mr. Sergey Lavrov, Minister of Foreign Affairs of Russia, on the occasion of the 120th Anniversary of establishment of the diplomatic relations
- Events devoted to the 120th anniversary of the establishment of diplomatic relations between Russia and Thailand to be held in the second half of 2017 – beginning of 2018
- Today Russia and Thailand celebrate 120th anniversary of diplomatic relations
- Congratulatory message of H.E. Mr. Sergey Lavrov, Minister of Foreign Affairs of the Russia, to H.E. Mr. Don Pramudwinai, Minister of Foreign Affair of Thailand, on the occasion of the 120th anniversary of the establishment of diplomatic relations
- Press-briefing and lecture on history of Russian-Thai relations held in Thai MFA
- History of Russia-Thai relations and ballet
- Russia knowledge Quiz
- Ambassador interviewed by TNN24 Channel
- By spectacular dances “Rosinka” contributed to commemoration of 120 years of Russian-Thai friendship
- Speech of H.E. Mr. Kirill Barsky, Ambassador of the Russian Federation to the Kingdom of Thailand at the Day of Russia reception
- Day of Russia gala reception dedicated to jubilee of diplomatic relations with Thailand
- Russia-Thailand: a way to new heights
- Marking 70th anniversary of the opening of the USSR Embassy in Thailand
- Ambassador received President of the Thai-Russian Parliamentary Friendship Group
- Russian Ambassador addressed TRCC Meeting
- Thai-Russian Chamber of Commerce held Tribute Ceremony to celebrate 120 years of relations between two nations
- Former Thai Ambassadors to USSR and Russia gathered in Russian Envoy’s residence
- “Russian week” opened at the Chulalongkorn University
- Russian Ambassador talked to "Bangkok Post" journalists
- Thai MFA Director General for European Affairs discussed Russian-Thai relations
- Russian Ambassador in "The Insider" TV show on the NBT channel
- Russian Ambassador gives interview to «Matichon Weekly Magazine»
- Russian Embassy welcomes friends from Thammasat University